good news though… not all of us will die right away … just some of us … brrawwhaaha
but this one projection is for sure for now 10 out 10 of us will die one day …lets just try and not to make it sooner than later ..and do not pay too much attention to the projections they are never proven until they happen and things can change before they do ….so how do we find out whats going to happen?
…there is new term being used called fear Porn and we all watch it daily on CNN and FOX .. lets not call it news because it really is more like a Netflix real life series of game of thrones . Where we can not turn our heads away from king Trumpty Dumpty for fear he might say something that makes sense to our politicians and we will miss it .. then of course we have the minion followers of both parties who just want to argue about nothing and have no real desire to settle because then they would have nothing to do and boredom will over take us all…
ok..enough sarcasm .lets talk about solution here in our own back yard… The burg is said tom have been slowly sinking or the bay is rising …debate is unnecessary as the result is we can not live here unless we make some adjustments …and guess what we do have some data on the trends and if they continue we know when it will occur if things continue .
The idea we have is not to stop the change as we really have no idea about all the interdependent things that are causing it . The real solution lies in preparing for it first then addressing the issues we believe can slow it down…
Our community minded folks have a few things we can do… as we look at how nature has protected us naturally from eroding shore lines we can mimic the concept.
This week the city had one of the highest attended council meetings, as concerned citizens turned out to express their views on the new mall . It was my first time seeing this process from a campaign perspective instead of a voter’s perspective. I held back my own views in an effort to listen to the views of others. Listening to the competing viewpoints led me to a better understanding of the complexity of the problem. After thinking it over I could see one pattern of common behavior… we all wanted a better Seminole Mall and we all cared enough to take time to share our thoughts.
I am very encouraged to see that we have a core group that cares about the future development of our city. While some may view the disagreements as a negative I see it quite differently – the process of disagreeing results in better solutions.
I want to help the citizens of Seminole build the community they want. I need to hear your ideas; here are a few of mine:
- Applying my experience managing companies to maximize productivity and minimize costs in providing municipal services.
- Creating new revenue streams, encouraging public private partnerships to enhance and enrich existing city services.
- Promoting green initiatives that can save money, increase revenue, and improve our quality of life.
- Promoting job growth with the creation of an innovation center for schools.
- Finding ways to increase city revenue without creating higher taxes.
- Creating better care system for our elderly, including adopting a dementia friendly policy. Providing Senior Adult shopping carts that allow care givers to push carts with senior citizens seated in the cart.
- Improving handicap access to public parks by building ramps and walkways.
- Creating a safer environment.
- Creating community spaces that provide fun things for the family. Mall development should include games and recreation for children
- Creating a manufacturing “little league”
Hi, the purpose of this blog is to provide you with an easy way to communicate your views on how to make our community a better place for those who live here.. Please feel free to comment and express your views. I often will ask questions and give my own opinion in hopes of stimulating thoughts on how to optimize our potential to make us one of the best community models in our region.
This will be one of the many ways we hope to communicate with the community and share ideas. We will be adding things to think about and comment on as we hit the campaign trail and reach out to the community