This week the city had one of the highest attended council meetings, as concerned citizens turned out to express their views on the new mall . It was my first time seeing this process from a campaign perspective instead of a voter’s perspective. I held back my own views in an effort to listen to the views of others. Listening to the competing viewpoints led me to a better understanding of the complexity of the problem. After thinking it over I could see one pattern of common behavior… we all wanted a better Seminole Mall and we all cared enough to take time to share our thoughts.
I am very encouraged to see that we have a core group that cares about the future development of our city. While some may view the disagreements as a negative I see it quite differently – the process of disagreeing results in better solutions.
I want to help the citizens of Seminole build the community they want. I need to hear your ideas; here are a few of mine:
- Applying my experience managing companies to maximize productivity and minimize costs in providing municipal services.
- Creating new revenue streams, encouraging public private partnerships to enhance and enrich existing city services.
- Promoting green initiatives that can save money, increase revenue, and improve our quality of life.
- Promoting job growth with the creation of an innovation center for schools.
- Finding ways to increase city revenue without creating higher taxes.
- Creating better care system for our elderly, including adopting a dementia friendly policy. Providing Senior Adult shopping carts that allow care givers to push carts with senior citizens seated in the cart.
- Improving handicap access to public parks by building ramps and walkways.
- Creating a safer environment.
- Creating community spaces that provide fun things for the family. Mall development should include games and recreation for children
- Creating a manufacturing “little league”
Hi, the purpose of this blog is to provide you with an easy way to communicate your views on how to make our community a better place for those who live here.. Please feel free to comment and express your views. I often will ask questions and give my own opinion in hopes of stimulating thoughts on how to optimize our potential to make us one of the best community models in our region.
This will be one of the many ways we hope to communicate with the community and share ideas. We will be adding things to think about and comment on as we hit the campaign trail and reach out to the community